A hair transplant is a procedure in which a dermatological surgeon moves hair to the bald area of your head.Hair Transplant occur in our Clinic under local anesthesia.
Pattern Baldness is the main reason for the hair loss & this comes down to genetics & many other cases are due to:
After thoroughly cleaning your scalp, a surgeon uses a small needle to numb an area of your head with local anesthesia.
Two main techniques which are used to obtain follicles for transplantation: FUT and FUE.
- The surgeon will use a scalpel to cut out a strip of scalp skin from the back of the head. The incision is typically several inches long.
- This is then closed with stitches.
- The surgeon next separates the removed portion of scalp into small sections using a magnifying lens and sharp surgical knife. When implanted, these sections will help achieve natural-looking hair growth.
In follicular unit extraction (FUE) the hair follicles are cut out directly from the back of the head through hundreds to thousands of tiny punch incisions.
- The surgeon makes tiny holes with a blade or needle in the area of your scalp that’s receiving the hair transplant. They gently place hairs in these holes.
- During one treatment session, our surgeon may transplant hundreds or even thousands of hairs.
- After, the graft, gauze, or bandages will cover your scalp for a few days.
A hair transplant session can take four hours or more.
You may require up to three or four sessions to achieve the full head of hair you desire. Sessions occur several months to let the scalp heal.
After Hair Transplant
Your scalp may be sore, and you may need to take medications following hair transplant surgery, such as:
- pain therapy
- antibiotics to reduce your risk of infection
- anti-inflammatory medications to keep swelling down
Most people can return to work several days after surgery.
Hair Transplant Procedure Take 2 to 3 weeks. This makes way for new hair growth. Most people will see some amount of new hair growth 8 to 12 months after surgery.
3.Swelling of the Scalp
Long Term Outlook
Typically, people who’ve had a hair transplant will continue to grow hair in the transplanted areas of the scalp.
The new hair may appear more or less dense depending on
1.scalp laxity, or how loose your scalp skin is
2.density of follicles in the transplanted zone
3.hair caliber or quality
If you don’t take medication (such as minoxidil or finasteride) or undergo a low level of laser therapy, you may continue to experience hair loss in non treated areas of your scalp.
Male pattern baldness usually progresses in distinct steps. The first sign is a receding hairline, which can appear uneven at first, but then typically develops into a distinct M shape. After this, the hair on the top or back of the head usually begins to fall out, leaving a bald spot.
These two signs will then spread and meet, creating a larger bald spot. Eventually what is left is usually a horseshoe-like ring around the sides and back of the head.
Hair transplant surgery may be a good option for people who have hair thinning and hair loss. It may not be a permanent solution to thinning hair, but for many people, it can help restore hair fullness and self-confidence.
A receding hairline can occur in both men and women, though it is more common in men. It is one of the first signs of male pattern baldness and can be caused by a variety of factors.
Want to contact us at Hair transplant Clinic in Chandigarh.